One of the best ways to bond with your family is to make traditions. It creates a lot of memories and many stories to share with your descendants. Christmas Traditions are important and people feel special affiliation with them. These traditions are varying according to different cultures. Some traditions are so strong enough that they start spreading and got adopted by others too. When you think of it, somebody first sent a Christmas card or put up the first tree in their house and that’s how it evolved into a tradition. This Christmas strengthen the bond with your family by making some fun traditions.
Traditions should be something you can relate to. So start off by trying to investigate your own family history. For example in different cultures, Christmas trees are decorated using distinct decorations. List down what your family enjoys to do. Some might like outdoor activities while others prefer music or some other indoor games. If your family likes outdoors than start a skiing tradition or if you people are music lovers plan to attend a concert on Christmas.
Christmas should teach us the importance of sharing and giving to the less privileged. Instill the right values in your children by starting a tradition that makes them compassionate. Visit a community home every Christmas and spend some time with the residents. Another idea could be to donate toys, money or food to the needy children.
Enjoy the activities happening around you. From the plays to the Christmas lights, take pleasure from the colorful scenes. You could encourage your kids to sign up for these plays or go caroling as a family.
Food is an integral part of this holiday. Plan a special every Christmas. You could try old family recipes to revive pleasure for your parents or grandparents. Sit together as a family and ice the cookies. This can be a fun exercise for all and an excuse to spend more time together.
Decorate the house together. The parents should bring out their colorful side and beautify the house with the kids. This way every one will be involved. Make a tradition of wearing colorful pajamas and opening presents together on this special day.
Here’s a list of some ideas to ignite your imagination for developing your own Christmas Family Tradition:
- Go out with family sightseeing of the local light display in your city.
- Organize a cookie exchange party.
- Giving out a new ornament to each child as a family tradition.
- Cooking food at home with family members and then donating it at your local food bank.
- Making Christmas candy with your family.
- Writing cards and letters to Santa.
- Going out with family to a Christmas concert.
- Watching a Christmas movie.
- Making a Christmas chain countdown.
- Have a Christmas campfire.
- Decorating sugar cookies.
- Visiting Santa Claus with family.
- Have a hot chocolate bar.
- Recalling the real reason behind the celebration of Christmas.