What is Psoriasis?
A situation causing redness, pain and discomfort with swelling is known and Psoriasis. According to National Psoriasis Foundation every year around 300,000 new cases get reported in the US and on an average more than 8 million people fight back this painful condition.
Symptoms of Psoriasis:
The common symptoms observed in Psoriasis are fatigue, pain and swelling over tendons. Swollen fingers, joints, stiffness in the morning, nail infections such as fungus and redness in the eyes along with pain.
Home Remedy Treatments for Psoriasis
Make sure to keep your skin cleans around the affected area to avoid infection.
- Try soaking in a water tub as making infected skin wet can help re-hydrating it and will help to make it soften and remove the Psoriasis off the skin without damaging it. Habitual soaking will help reducing the itchiness and redness.
- Keep your skin moisturized. Try moisturizers like Eucerin, Aquaphor, and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream or us cooking oil or petroleum jelly after taking a bath to make it protected and helps keeping Psoriasis getting worse.
- Use a humidifier to raise the humidity as dry skin indoor usually happens due to dry indoor air.
- Be Slim as it’s difficult to control psoriasis and makes it uncomfortable if you’re overweight.
- Be careful while using skin care products, try to avoid them if you have open wounds.
- Don’t wear tight clothes to avoid scratches which can cause irritation and can make it even worse.
- Be cautious upon meditation, if you are already on meditation, do consult back to your doctor and discuss your skin condition to get a confirmation over the suggested mediation.
- Soap selection during such condition is also very important as harsh soaps can make your skin more dry resulting increase in itchiness Therefore it is suggested to go for a mild soap such as Oilatum, Purpose, Alpha Keri, Nivea Cream Bar, and Basis. As per the cleansers there are many soap free cleansers available in the market such as Aveeno cleansing bar or Lowilla cake. Neem soap is also a best option for it.
- Coal tar is also reported to be one of the home remedy. Try rubbing coal tar once in a day may be at night but gently and make sure not to rub it too much.
It is highly recommended to consult a doctor with the above mentioned tips to recover from Psoriasis.