The Recycle Bin on your Windows PC has become a pleasant habit. He rescues you whenever you have deleted a file by mistake. Unfortunately, there is not on your Android smartphone or tablet these handy helpers. Deleted data disappear under the Android OS for ever from the SD card.
Table of Contents
- Installing the Android trash
- Recovery of deleted data
- Automatic emptying the Recycle Bin
Upgrade with the free app “Dumpster – Recycle Bin” to recover the deleted files. We show you how to use the Android trash for files, images, music or Office files.
1. Installing the Android trash
- Download the virtual trash can down here.
- Open the free app after you’ve installed it, and confirm the license agreement.
- Then select in the setup, which file formats should be thrown in the trash. You should leave all checkboxes enabled. In addition, the app creates a shortcut on the home screen. Click the bottom right on “Next”.
After that, the app is initialized and the Android trash is available. From this point deleted files end up in the trash instead of in Nirvana.
2. Recovery of deleted data
All deleted files on your Smartphone you will find after you install the free app “Dumpster – Recycle Bin” in the trash. To restore a file, click the trash can icon. Alternatively, open the application on your apps.
Look in the trash accidentally deleted the file and click on it. Via the opening pop-up window you will see either the top right or provide a preview of the file by clicking the “Restore” to restore the lower left. This is then moved back to the original location, just as you know from your Windows computer.
3. Automatically emptying the Recycle Bin
You do not need to manually empty the trash. In the settings of the Android app, you can set how long your files in the trash to stay. For example, you determine that all the data was erased ten months ago, will be permanently removed. The settings you open the app on your Smartphone’s menu button. Then click on “Options.”
Android 2.3.5 on the HTC Desire HD – Dumpster – Recycle Bin, version 0.992