Tartar can be a major problem for an individual. In modern day lifestyles, appearances are becoming more and more important. While we spend huge amounts on trendy cloths and chic hairstyles, most of us forget about our teeth. No matter how expensive the attire, yellow teeth will surely ruin the entire effort that you put into yourself.
It is Important to understand What Tartar is?
The yellowish brown calcified material that is formed on the surface of teeth, which contains hardened mineral deposits of the saliva, bacterial debris and plaque. Bad breadth along with yellow and brownish color is usually caused due to tartar once it is build up and is not removed for a long time.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Tartar and Plaque
1. Fluoride toothpastes are amazing when it comes to getting rid of tartar. Not only that but the fluoride itself keeps tartar from accumulating on your teeth by strengthening the teeth enamel.
2. Chewing figs has been proven to remove tartar. It even tastes good and is almost an effortless exercise.
3. Flossing is good not just for general oral health but also because it is great at dealing with dental cavities by preventing them. Flossing removes tiny particles that your regular brushing might miss.
4. Strawberry and tomatoes are more than just tasty fruits. They can be your partners in oral cleaning as well. Rub these fruits on to your teeth and leave the mouth for five minutes, then rinse with water and baking soda. The great quantities of vitamin C in strawberries and tomatoes soften up the plaque making it easy to remove.
5. Orange peel does the same thing as strawberries. Just rub the peel against your teeth and it will remove tartar. In addition, orange peels fight microorganisms in the mouth making it a generally cleaner place.
6. Baking soda is one of the materials that come up repeatedly whenever teeth hygiene is mentioned. Baking soda is easily one of the best ways to deal with tartar. Simply take some baking soda and mix it with a small amount of water to create a paste. Apply it to your teeth using the toothbrush and see your teeth improving.
7. A special technique to identify plaque in particular points inside your mouth is as follows; take a tablespoon of food color and mix it with water and swish it around your mouth. Next check your teeth for colored areas – this is where the plaque lies. Use toothbrush to remove plaque and the next time you go brush your teeth, focus on these particular areas.
8. Saliva is an excellent plaque combatant. Try eating food that causes more saliva to be produced inside your mouth. An example would be spicy food – it will stimulate your salivary glands.
9. Brushing your teeth is an obvious way to remove plaque – there are some not-so-obvious things to remember about brushing your teeth. Firstly, make sure you do not brush too hard as it damages teeth enamel. Secondly, brush both outer and inner surface as well as the chewing surface. Also, brush your tongue.
Remove tartar using these simple steps and see rapid improvements in your oral hygiene as well as your day-to-day interactions. Dazzle everyone you meet with those shiny white teeth – all thanks to a couple of simple steps we gave to you.
Tips for Preventing Tartar and Plaque:
You need to remember one thing that once tartar is formed its nearly impossible to prevent its growth. However, if its left unattended it may cause shrinking of gums ultimately resulting to loss of tooth. Adopt the following tips to prevent tartar.
- Use of tartar control toothpaste in daily routine life.
- Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis.
- Having diet that contains vitamin C as it helps removing plaque, which is an early stage of tartar.
- Avoid smoking and excessive in takes of coffee or tea.
- Drink at least a glass of water after every meal to make sure food color or particles are not left between your teeth.
- In the end at least once a year visit the dentist for check up to make sure every thing is in order.